I love juices that are really flavorful, but somehow still light and sweet. Here’s one of my favorite juices to make, it’s full of flavor, but also very sweet and tart! I like to dilute it with water to taste afterwards.
This is an ingredient list for a centrifugal juicer! When I make this in a masticating juicer I might use about half as many greens because they tend to extract a lot more juice from greens!
5 or 6 large Green apples
Large handful of Mint
1 Bunch of Parsley
1/2 bunch of Cilantro (or Basil)
Water to taste
Step 1: Get ingredients!
Step 2: Wash everything!
Step 3: Juice everything!
Step 4: Add water to taste! I usually double the size of my juice with water because I like it very mellow.
Step 4: Drink Everything!
I freaking love sweet fruity smoothies, especially when I can sneak in greens and have it still taste like insanely yummy fruit candy.
What you will need:
2 ripe bananas (preferably frozen first!)
Handful of small pitted dates or 4 large dates
1 cup of spinach
I scoop of green powder
1 blender (preferably a high powered one like a vitamix or a blend tech to grind up the dates, otherwise you’ll be left with a ton of date mush at the bottom of your blender)
Smoothie Making Instructions (ummm… these are really really obvious and actually in the wrong order so feel free to think for yourself and skip!)
1. Chop open the coconut! Good luck! Don’t chop off your finger, remember blood isn’t vegan! I am actually terrible at this as you can see from the giant mess I made…
1.5. If you don’t want to do this you can always just buy some coconut water or use almond milk instead.
2. When you’ve opened the coconut, filter out any chopping debris and pour the water into the blender after adding the bananas, dates, spinach, and green powder.
3. If you don’t have a high powered blender then I recommend soaking the dates in hot water until they are very soft so they will blend easier first.
4. If you are using fresh bananas instead of frozen you may want to add some ice too!
5. Some other fun things to add to the smoothie are peanut or almond butter, probiotics, protein powder (if you’re into that kind of thing), soaked goji berries, or cocoa powder!